Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Koran Burning, Are We Back in the Middle Ages?

Anyone who knows me a little will be aware of my views on religion in general: the biggest scam ever invented by man. Crap, crap and more crap!

The fact that I don't believe in God does not mean that I have dodgy morals (unlike some catholic priests and nuns who preyed on vulnerable children for decades, as we learned in the Ryan report not so long ago).

When I heard that an American pastor was calling for hundreds of copies of the Koran to be burned in a ceremony to mark the anniversary of 9/11, I was shocked and my lack of faith in any kind of religion was once again reinforced.

I can vaguely remember a history class about the books of Copernicus and other great scientists being condemned as being the works of heretics and ordered to be burned by the Church. If my memory serves me right, the Nazis did something like that too, so what do the people who want to burn the Koran think they're at? Do they think that all Muslims are terrorists? Do they wish to return in the Middle Ages?

If that guy goes ahead with burning Korans, I suggest anyone who owns a copy of the Bible burns it too, along with all the fairy tale books stories that children have believed to be true for years.

Oh, and there's no such thing as Santa or the Easter Bunny (just wanted to say that for a long time).

No comments: