Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yesterday Was Friday 13th; Was It Good For You?

Well, of course, I wish a Happy Valentine to all of those who celebrate it; me, as usual on Valentine's Day, I have no love interest so I don't bother celebrating it. I did get a card from my youngest daughter, however, which she made in school; what amazes me is that during the week, I heard nobody talk about yesterday being Friday 13th!

So what happened? Because people were so busy planning for the biggest BS commercial day, they forgot to wear garlic around their necks or to play the Lotto on the off-chance that Friday 13th would be their lucky day?

Well, I guess the myth is over then: Friday 13th has never and never will be a day when people are more unlucky or lucky as usual. Actually, I take this away: Friday 13th is a lucky day for bookmakers and lottery ticket sellers, as more people tend to gamble and buy tickets, thinking they might get lucky on that particular day. On the other hand, Valentine's day is a lucky day for restaurant owners, jewellers, florists, etc...

For me, every single day of the year is a lucky day, as long as I've got my children with me, we have our health and a roof over our heads (wouldn't hurt to win the lotto, though!).

No comments: